Printout from Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer
Partner, Chair of the Internet, IT & Copyright Group, Herzliya
- Israel Bar Association
- Notary (Israel)
Tel Aviv University School of Law, LL.B., 1988
About Haim Ravia
Haim chairs the Internet, IT & Copyright Group at PCZL's Herzliya office. As such, he deals extensively with computer & Internet laws, IT contracts, copyright, electronic signature, data protection and open source software.
Nominated by Who'sWhoLegal to be one of the leading lawyers in Internet, e-Commerce & Data Protection since 2010, Haim was the Chair of the Praesidium of the IBA Computing Committee and the Israel Bar representative to the Israeli Parliament's sessions on electronic signature legislation. He was a member of the Public Committee for the Protection of Privacy, acting under the auspices of the Ministry of Justice by virtue of the Protection of Privacy Law and he was part of a governmental team that re-examined the Israeli laws pertaining to databases. Haim was a visiting lecturer at the Haifa University Law Faculty and a member of an Israel Securities Authority's committee that formulated a code of ethics for financial websites. He is an Israeli notary and an accreditted mediator. He also serves as an arbitrator with the Israel Bar Association Institute for Arbitrations.
Some of the issues Haim deals with include -
- Advising insurance and financial companies, telecommunications carriers and health organizations on privacy and data protection issues, including representing clients before the Israeli Law, Information and Technology Authority (IALTA).
- Advising leading hi-tech companies on the implementation and use of open source software, including preparation of open source compliance policies.
- Representing copyright owners and agents in licensing transactions and legal proceedings, including the public performance society, Acum (equivalent to the US’s ASCAP/BMI and HFA).
- Lead counsel in legal proceedings involving cutting edge technologies, including wiretapping to email messages, the first spam lawsuit brought before an Israeli court, and an unprecedented suit dealing with dynamic linking under the GPL (a prominent open source license).
English & Hebrew
The Hi Tech International Law Association
The Israel Chamber of Mediators
Haim writes columns for Globes, The Israel Bar Association Magazine and other publications on Internet law, and operates Israel's first legal website (www.law.co.il). He lectures frequently on his areas of expertise.
Find professionals by
- Intellectual Property
- Automotive, Defense & Aerospace
- Clean-Tech, Renewable Energy and Energy Storage
- Entertainment, Arts & Sports
- Life Sciences & Pharmaceuticals
- Medical Technologies & Devices
- Printing, IT & Display Tech
- Retail & Manufactured Goods
- Semiconductors & Electronics
- Software, Internet & New Media
- Telecom & Standards