Printout from Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer
- Intellectual Property
The Internet Group at PCZL is experienced in the interpretation of intellectual property law as it applies to the Internet and new media. We provide legal services to a wide range of clients including: communications companies, Internet access & service providers, banks and financial institutions, insurance companies, retail chains engaging in online sales, copyright owners, portals and content sites, e-commerce ventures, companies offering computer and Internet services, publishers, employees organizations, and technology and distance-learning companies.
As a result of our precedent-setting work on complex Internet-related legal issues, including international jurisdiction over the Internet, computer law, privacy and data protection, electronic signatures, spam, and open source contracts, we are sought for our counsel and expertise by peer legal colleagues and clients alike. In addition, the head of PCZL’s Internet Group in Herzlia, Haim Ravia, advises the Israeli Knesset on Internet-related issues.
The issues dealt with by the Group's attorneys in recent years include:
- Legal risks entailed in managing Internet activity or developing certain software
- The do's and don'ts of web linking
- Aspects of intellectual property in software
- Protection of intellectual property in the digital environment and appropriate licensing
- Application of privacy laws and consumer protection laws to certain areas of e-commerce
- Application of the Israeli Encryption Order to certain online activities
- Application and interpretation of open source code licenses to software development
Next: Real Estate