Printout from Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer
- Intellectual Property
Data Protection & Privacy
PCZL has leveraged its knowledge and expertise of new technology and Internet law to offer our business clients complete legal services with respect to the important area of information privacy and data protection. Our practice in this arena provides complete legal assistance to companies and organizations that need to manage and protect personal information. We counsel clients to think of personal information first and foremost as a business asset, and not as a burden. Our goal is to increase the value of this asset. In our experience, this considered approach toward privacy governance—including full compliance and best practices—strengthens credibility with customers and employees alike, and yields the long-term competitive advantages that flow from increased goodwill and employee loyalty.
Our information privacy and data protection team provides the following services:
- Drafting opinions on a variety of issues, with the purpose of guiding clients past the numerous pitfalls in this area.
- Assisting with the formulation of rules, procedures, guidelines and policies for the management of databases.
- Advising on commercial agreements that include aspects of information privacy and data protection issues, including global considerations and trans-border flow of information.
- Supporting our clients in regulatory procedures.
- Training key employees to adopt best practices and procedures.
- Representing our clients in deliberations on bills in the Israeli Parliament's committees.
- Keeping up with and setting precedents involving related practices.